Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 - A New Hope

Its 2013 another year to look forward to and another year to be hopeful as to what it could bring to us. I, myself is really hoping that 2013 is a brighter year for everyone. I am not saying that 2012 is a bad year in fact it was a very good year. Though for me 2012 is such a roller coaster year. I had my ups and definitely had my downs.

My best month though is October. It is the the birth month of "The Project Mountain Alphabet", an adopt a school library which aims to helping its beneficiary elementary school. This also became a bridge for me to be given the chance to start working with people who had pure hearts to helping people. The feeling is totally magnificent because they responded to my plea even though I am a total stranger to them. They gave up their old books, old encyclopedia, old magazines (readers digest and National Geographic Magazines), story books and old encyclopedia. I am also thankful to my colleagues because of their undying support to this project.

I started posting about it in Twitter, Facebook and other social networking sites and there were people who actually responded to my plea. People whom I actually don't know, a total stranger with a pure hearts. I was able to collect an ample amount of old books. This March we intend to bring these books to Colalo Elementary School, our first recipient to the said project. Hoping to get more and more pupils to engaged into reading. Hoping that these books would be damaged not because of carelessness but because it is being read by many.

The reason why despite the challenges of this project because I always believer that a person who reads books would never be ignorant. A book for me is an instrument for youngster to dream big and soar high. Book reading is an integral part of education. How could a teacher teach their students on somethings if they don't have the resources to use. This is the main reason why we put "The Project Mountain Alphabet" to help the school teachers and students expand their knowledge through reading.

Be part of our campaign. I worked at night but I devote all my weekend collecting books. Who knows the child you helped today might be your children's doctor tomorrow, or a policeman, fireman, a politician. Let us give them a chance.

Our group is not limiting our donors to books we can collect anything you want to share. I am sure there will always be a place for every donations we received. Anything your heart wishes to share to these students.

We started it in 2012 now we will continue the quest to build or adopt a school libraries this 2013. Your help is greatly appreciated:

We are accepting:
  • All kinds of books (encyclopedia, dictionary, books to be used as a reading materials, science books,  story books, etc)
  • School Supplies (bags, shoes, pencil, elementary pad papers, intermediate pad papers, ball pens, bond papers, crayons, etc)
  • Slippers, used clothes for children
For those interested parties you can leave a comment with your mobile phone number or email address or you can contact me directly like our facebook fan page:

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Nuffnang AD