Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Condominium: My guide in buying




I am always fascinated with high rising buildings so when about 3 years ago, I am looking at a condominium unit in Makati and told myself I will stay in one of those condominium units one day. So I started researching about Condo Living.

I know for a fact that this type of housing is most likely smaller and that you have to maximize every space of the unit. I told myself that it would be okay since I am single anyway and no plans of getting married yet.
I love the way they design the living room here perfect for small spaces.
http://mydesignfolder.com
This looks perfect for me.

So if I will buy a condo unit what are the things that I should consider?

Since I am buying a property and it is not like I am buying a candy in a store, I would need to know the Developer. I was advised by a friend before that it is very important to know the developer, the quality of their work. In order for me to know all of this of course I would need to ask around. Ask those people who were able to buy a unit from them. Internet is also a very powerful tool. Know their experiences by reading articles or conversation in forums or blogs if there are.  The developer for me is the start my selling point. Consider not only one but at least 10 developers to choose from.

After knowing the developer it is now time to think about the location. My reason for buying a condo unit is the convenience that it provides. Accessibility and safety is the key for me to consider buying a condo unit. So the location of the building is very important. It is either within the heart of the city business district or its outskirt. The good thing about living in a condominium within the city business district answers all my  major concerns, it’s safer, its accessible, the building itself has better security features and amenities, its resell value could appreciate, better drainage system. However though, it is more expensive compared to its outskirt counterpart. Also, I have to consider the place itself, is this place prone to flooding, is it safe at night, am I near a convenient store or malls or super markets are just some of my consideration. One more thing, I want to consider the location of the unit itself. I wanted to my unit facing a certain view and might as well consider a mid –level and high floors. We know for a fact that these are the part of the floor that has better resell value in the future.

One major concern for me is the building itself. If I will buy a condo unit I want to check the actual building and check the materials that are used. Sometimes this minor detail speaks for the quality of the whole building and its management. Check on the door knobs, doors, tiles, glass and of course other fixings. I visited one 2 or 3 years ago, the model unit is fantastic and it looks so good but when I checked the actual unit that they have that was ready for turn over to the owner I saw some glitches that made me back off. The door on the entrance wasn’t nailed properly. I placed a red flag on this because I don’t trust a developer who is a scrimper in the materials or work they do.

Another one to consider is the elevator. I have to ask my self will this elevator be enough for the number of tenants or do I have to wait because there are only 2 or 3 elevators in the building. 

After ample consideration of this things now choose a condo according to your own specification of quality and of safety and convenience that you can afford. Its about time to look consider your budget. Hehehe

Might as well want to consider the following developers.






Share your knowledge about condominium by your comments. You can also paste links as to for affordable condo units.

Pin It Now! Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Nuffnang AD